ICFAI Law School is organising a three-day international conference on Space Maneuvers: The Future Perplexities from October 14 to 16, 2022 in hybrid mode.
About the Organization
The ICFAI Law School (ICFAI LAW SCHOOL) is a significant segment of the IFHE and recognized by Bar Council of India and accredited with A++ by the NAAC in 2022.
About the Global Network Against Weapons and Nuclear Power in Space
The Global Network was created in 1992 to build a global consciousness and active constituency to protect space from escalating debris in orbit, militarization and weaponization, the extension of nuclear power into outer space, and concerns about ozone depletion due to mounting launches. Since the inception of the space race, the arms race has continually moved into space.
For years, the U.S. Space Command, as stated in its 1997 publication ‘Vision for 2020’, has expressed intentions “to control space…dominate space…and deny other nations access to space.” It is crucial that the movement to stop this new round in the arms race moves quickly ahead.
About the Conference
The main objective of this Conference is to utilize this platform to discuss the contemporary issues and challenges in outer space pertinent to warfare with an analysis based on legal, political, economic as well as scientific aspects in order to ensure peace and security in the international sphere.
Taking note of the existing warfare in various parts of the world, ICFAI is bringing together researchers, students, academicians, lawyers and professionals from the various legal and scientific fields to share their expertise, experience and wisdom, enabling them to provide insights in their respective fields yielding maximum discussion of conference topic under both legal and technical fronts.
We are looking forward to maximum participation, thorough research and a refined write-up. After thorough review, the best articles will be out for publication as a book with ISBN reference.
The conference is set to be hosted at Hyderabad, within the premisis of IFHE (ICFAI Foundation of higher education).
Original submissions are invited from undergraduate and postgraduate students, industry practitioners, academicians, and research scholars.
- International Legal Regime on Global Governance of Space- Future Prospects
- Emerging Space Issues under the Rule of Law
- National Legislation(s) on the Regulation of the Outer Space Activities
- Capacity-building of the nations in Space law and Policy
- Promotion of Peaceful Use of Outer Space
- Commercialisation and Privatisation of Space vis-à-vis Space Sustainability
- International and National Space Laws dealing with IPR
- The intersection of International and National Space Laws and Environmental Conservation
- International and National Remote Sensing Policies and Related Issues
- Best practices in sharing Data pertaining to Outer Space in achieving sustainability
The list above is only suggestive but not exhaustive.
Guidelines for Paper Submissions
- Word Limit: Min 5000 Words
- Font & Size:
- Footnotes: Times New Roman, 10
- Main Content: Times New Roman, 12
- Headings: Times New Roman, 14
- Spacing: 1.5
- Abstract: 300 – 500 words
- Keywords: Min 5
- The Abstract Submission must be accompanied by keywords and a cover page consisting of the author’s details.
How to Submit?
Click here to make your submission.
- Paper Presentation
- For Academicians/Professionals and Research Scholars: INR 2000 each author
- For Students: INR 1000
- Co-authorship of up to two authors is permitted with the submission of registration fees by both authors separately.
- International Participants – $50
- Poster making Competition
- For all Participants: INR 1000
- Payment Details:
- Account No: 020201007037
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Account: IFHE – Seminars & Workshops A/c
- Name of the Bank: ICICI Bank
- Bank Address: Nerella House, No. 4, Nagarjuna Hills, Punjagutta, Hyderabad – 500082, Telangana
- RTGS/NEFT IFSC Code : ICIC0000202
- Paper Presentations
- Best Research Paper: INR 7000
- Second Best Paper: INR 5000
- Third Best Paper: INR 2000
- Poster Making Competitions
- Best Poster: INR 5000
- Second Best Poster: INR 3000
- Third Best Poster: INR 2000
- Last Date for submission of Abstract: September 20, 2022
- Last Date for submission of Full Papers: October 3, 2022
- Intimation of Acceptance: Within 72 hours of Submission
- Student Coordinators:
- Faculty Coordinator:
- Ms. S Prathyusha, Assistant Professor, ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad, Phone +91-7036016357; Email: [email protected]
Note: This is a sponsored post.
Disclaimer: WEF April, 2021, Lawctopus will not publish any ‘Call for Papers/Blogs’ by journals that charge money at the time of submission. If you find any journal doing so, please intimate us at tanuj.kalia[at]lawctopus.com