School of Law, Raffles University is organising the 5th Surana & Surana and School of Law, Raffles University National Labor Law Moot Court Cum Judgement Writing Competition 2022-23.
About Raffles University
Raffles University Neemrana, established by an Act of Rajasthan State Legislature, as per Section 2(f) of UGC Act 1956, is a multi-disciplinary university.
About the Competition
School of Law, Raffles University with its organizing partner Surana and Surana, International Attorneys, Chennai is proud to announce the 5th Surana & Surana and School of Law, Raffles University National Labor Law Moot Court Cum Judgement Writing Competition 2022-23.
It is an initiative was taken forward by the organizers to create awareness in the field primarily of Labour Law and the surrounding disciplines of Employment law, Administrative Law, Constitutional Law, Service Law, etc.
This year’s case has been drafted to test the knowledge, research aptitude, and application of the law by the participants in the field of laws regarding Employment Laws, provisions governing maternity leaves, and constitutional provisions governing “Right to Equality” and “Right to life and Personal Liberty” mentioned in the Constitution.
The event will provide a unique opportunity for our participants to become a part of a powerful venture started by two of the experienced moot court competition organizers, i.e., School of Law, Raffles University, and Surana and Surana International Attorneys, Chennai.
The former takes pride in associating itself with another successful national-level moot court competition while the latter is a familiar name for hosting, administering, and funding numerous moot court competitions nationally and internationally.
The event will take place virtually via the Cisco WebEx platform. To ensure the comfort of the participating teams, an orientation program has been scheduled which will include a mock for the moot, followed by a draw of lots and exchange of memorials.
Competition team codes and sides will also be allotted during the orientation only. Your good self is requested to kindly direct the concerned authorities regarding participation in the competition and to register your respective team.
Venue & Date
the 5th Surana & Surana and School of Law, Raffles University National Labor Law Moot Court Cum Judgement Writing Competition 2022-23 shall be held virtually from November 18 to 20, 2022.
The Competition is open to students who are studying LLB three-year or five-year courses during the current academic year interested in Employment Law and who belong to institutions that have been invited.
- Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
- There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
- Each team will be provided a team code during orientation. Teams should not disclose the identity of their institution; such disclosure shall invite penalties including disqualification. the decision for the same shall be at the discretion of the National Administrator.
- Online registrations are open from September 14, 2022. The teams must register online by October 15, 2022. Teams will have to register online at the link given at the end of this post.
- Only 40 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- No temporary registration requests will be entertained. Kindly refrain from sending such requests to Surana & Surana Or Sol, Raffles University.
- Participants will receive an automated system-generated acknowledgment on the successful submission of registration. Participants will receive approval as acceptance of their request for participation latest by October 16, 2022, or earlier.
- On receiving the provisional team code from the moot committee/society of SOL, Raffles University you may proceed to pay the registration fees. A registration fee of Rs. 2000 /- is to be paid online by October 16, 2022.
- Option 1: The Registration form cum Approval letter as provided in the rules duly signed & sealed by your university/college /moot society.
- Option 2: Upload both (i) & (ii) together as a single PDF
- The Registration form cum Approval letter (without seal & signature) as provided in the rules duly filled
- Scanned copy of authorization letter with sign and seal from your university/college/moot society
- or an email communication from the official id (to be filled as notification email id during the online registration process) of the institution, from your university/college / moot society to complete the registration process.
- Please read the brochure for more information.
- Winner: Rs. 21, 000/-
- Runner up: Rs.11, 000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5, 100/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs.5, 100/-
- Last date for Online Registration: October 15, 2022
- Last date for payment of Registration Fee: October 16, 2022
- Last date for receiving copies of Reg. form/approval letter along with details of registration fee payment: October 17, 2022
- Last date for requesting clarification for problem: October 20, 2022
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials One Hard Copy (both applicant and respondent) & Soft Copy by email: November 10, 2022
- Orientation: November 18, 2022
- Prelims- 1/ Prelims – 2/Octa final/Quarter final: November 19, 2022
- Semi Final/ Final, Valediction & Prize distribution: November 20, 2022
- Submission of Judgment (soft copies by way email / Pen drive): November 20, 2022
- Submission of Judgment (soft copies by way email/ pen drive) for semi-finalist and finalist: November 22, 2022
- Declaration of Judgment Writing Competition result: December 15, 2022
How to Register?
Teams may register online at the link at the end of this post.
Regarding any queries, you may reach out to our contact persons mentioned here or drop an email at [email protected].
Note: Lawctopus is proud to be the media partner and Lawctopus Law School, the Knowledge partner of this event.