BITS Law School, Mumbai, provides an outstanding educational experience to ambitious, forward-thinking individuals who aspire to become new-age lawyers. The school’s approach is characterised by progressive, interdisciplinary, and technology-driven learning, that aims to equip students for successful careers as principled, creative and empathetic legal professionals who will uphold Constitutional Values and the Rule of Law.
For more than five decades, BITS Pilani has been one of the most respected higher education institutions in India, producing a galaxy of prominent industrialists, technologists, thought leaders, academicians, officers, and corporate executives.
BITS Pilani was one of the first private universities to be awarded the status of an Institution of Eminence by the Government of India. With this legacy, BITS Law School was established to provide high-quality legal education to aspiring legal professionals.
BITS Law School offers two five-year integrated degree programmes in law, namely, BA LLB (Hons) and BBA LLB (Hons).
While both programmes have a core syllabus in Law, the BA LLB (Hons) has an emphasis on the liberal arts with courses on economics, sociology, history, political science, and philosophy, while BBA LLB (Hons) trains students in finance, accountancy, organisational behaviour, management science, economics, and other business-related subjects. Both programmes offer four specialisations tailored to meet the evolving demands of the industry
- Corporate & Financial Law
- Technology & Media Law
- Entertainment & Sports Law
- Alternate Dispute Resolution & Mediation.
Students are immersed in an experiential learning environment that allows them to apply their knowledge to real-life scenarios through mooting, clinical legal education, group projects, and internships. The faculty comprises professors who are highly qualified and accomplished in their respective fields, ensuring that students receive a top-notch education.
The application process for admission to BITS Law School is simple and straightforward. Eligible candidates can visit the official website of BITS Law School and apply through an online application form. The following eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Completed grade 12 or equivalent from a recognised board with a cumulative score of at least 45%
- CLAT/LSAT-India/AILET/MH CET Law entrance exam scores are required. BITS Law will also conduct its own entrance exam, which will be opened for students in April 2023.
- Applicants who have not received their final grade 12 and/or law entrance exam scores are eligible to apply while indicating in their application form that they are awaiting their results. An application will be considered complete only once all relevant scores are shared.
Applicants must fill in all relevant details in the form and submit it along with the required documents. For the final step, candidates are required to appear for a personal interview.
- Application Closes – April 17, 2023
- Interview Timelines – March – April 2023
- Results – June 2023
- Fee Payment Timelines – As per Offer Letter
- Programme Commencement for 2023 – August 2023