Academike (Lawctopus’ Law Journal) is inviting submissions.
Our objective is to additionally promote an influx of concepts and facilitate discussions (via our remark container,) on a variety of points pertaining to the regulation.
We are accepting long-form analysis or analytical articles, dissertations, short-form articles, e book evaluations, case notes, and laws evaluation, commentaries, and explainers.
While we’re working inside the bounds of the regulation, Academike acknowledges regulation’s social implications.
Thus, we want to be a platform for regulation college students, social science college students, academicians, and legal professionals to debate, and peer assessment texts.
We’ll quickly be launching analysis and essay contests on necessary or present thematics.
Guidelines for submission
- We count on solely authentic items that replicate your evaluation and understanding of the subject material.
- Kindly keep on with the suggestive phrase restrict for respective submissions:
- Dissertations: 6000-60,000 phrases
- Research papers: 3000-6000 phrases
- Short articles: 1000-3000 phrases
- Case Notes: 1000-3000 phrases
- Legislation-analysis/commentary: 1000-3000 phrases
- Book Reviews: 1000-3000 phrases
- Explainers: 1000-10,000 phrases
Formatting and editorial tips
- All submissions have to be despatched as a Microsoft Word doc.
- Please use Times New Roman, font measurement 12 with 1.5 line spacing for the principle physique of your piece (besides the title). Footnotes should use Times New Roman, font measurement 10; alignment justified for the complete piece.
- Footnoting might be finished in any uniform technique of quotation (Bluebook, MLA, SILC, NUJS Law Review, ILI, and many others.)
- All non-English phrases and Latin authorized phrases have to be italicized.
- Please keep away from underlining or bolding phrases and sentences for emphasis (aside from subheading and title).
- Double quotations have to be used solely when immediately quoting a press release, in different circumstances, use single quotes. All direct quotes have to be referenced for context.
- Acronyms or quick types (particularly non-standard) have to be written out in brackets accompanied by their full kind.
- Articles with subheads might be most well-liked. Subheads have to be in daring. Using contextual and applicable subheads breaks the monotony of the article and enhances readability.
- All submissions have to be referenced, particularly details and case legal guidelines should not be stranded loosely. Articles with aforesaid irregularity might be despatched again regardless of their potential.
- Needless to say, plagiarised work might be outrightly refused.
Note: Articles might be resent to the creator for rectification and clarification if extra data is required.
Learn tips on how to successfully write an efficient educational article, here.
The authors want to supply a concise summary earlier than submitting their piece. We’ll use the summary to pre-screen submissions.
The summary mustn’t exceed 300 phrases accompanied by your e-mail tackle.
It ought to lay out clearly what your submission makes an attempt to say.
You can refer our recommendations on writing a profitable summary, here.
The creator’s bio have to be accompanied together with the principle article if the latter is chosen for submission.
The bio have to be written within the third particular person and may describe the tutorial background, qualification, and prior work experience (if any).
Please hook up the bio as a unique phrase file.
How to submit?
Please ship your submissions as an MS phrase doc to firstname.lastname@example.org with the topic line ‘Submission for Academike’.
Submissions with out the summary and the creator’s bio might be outrightly rejected.
The themes of your article must be associated with the regulation, however can be primarily based round its societal, political, cultural impression.
Please point out your Full Name, Email ID, and Phone quantity within the physique of the e-mail.
The Abstract and the Author’s Bio must be talked about within the physique of the e-mail too.
If you’re a regulation agency or a analysis group which needs to collaborate for an essay contest, please e-mail email@example.com with a cc to firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Whether the journal (and the submission) might be freely accessible on-line?
Academike is free and open for all.
All submissions (if revealed) too might be accessed on-line free of charge.
2. What is the publication charge?
There is NO publication charge.
While editorial assets take effort and time and are costly, and so are tech necessities like internet hosting house, we now have determined to maintain Academike free.
We are exploring avenues to maintain Academike sustainable within the long-term. Currently, we’re funded and supported by our mum or dad organisation, Lawctopus and Lawctopus Law School.
3. Whether the authors might be given a cert of publication?
Yes. An e-certificate might be issued. E-certificates are issued to all authors between 1st and third of every month.
Please additionally observe that the URL/link of your revealed article in itself is a ‘certificate’ of publication.
4. By when will the article (if chosen) be revealed?
All authors are responded too inside 2 days-2 weeks of the date of the e-mail. In case your submission isn’t discovered match for publication, you’ll be told accordingly.
The publication is completed inside 2 days-2 weeks of the date of the article being acquired in its finalized kind.
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the data we submit on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a number of the content material could comprise of errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your personal checks too.
I’m the Admin of Lawctopus. I’m for regulation college students, of regulation college students and by regulation college students. I’m Torts and Contracts and moots and internships. I’m your boyfriend! And your girlfriend too! Mentor. Friend. Junior. Senior. I’m the footnote in your analysis paper. Foreword in your life. The jugaad to your internship. The aspect gig which earns you bucks. I’m Maggi. Pocket cash too.