The Kerala Law Academy (KLA) is organizing a global digital seminar on Role of Indigenous People/Tribals in Wildlife Conservation, on March 20th and 21st.
About the Organization
The Kerala Law Academy (KLA), established in 1966 is a Centre of excellence for authorized research, analysis and regulation reforms. KLA’s acclaimed peer-reviewed/refereed analysis journal“Academy Law Review” is revealed constantly since 1977.
About the Seminar
KLA Law College in affiliation with CALSAR is organizing a 2-Days International Seminar on “Role of Indigenous People/Tribals in Wildlife Conservation” by way of digital mode from 20th March to 21st March 2021 from the Kerala Law Academy Campus, Peroorkada, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
The Seminar is carried out by way of on-line platforms ZOOM and GOOGLE MEET. All the individuals ought to have good entry to the internet and be capable of entry the above stated on-line platform.
- Prof. (Dr.)Armin Rosencranz (Founder-Pacific Environment & Resources Centre and Former Professor, California, United States, Standford University),
- Dr. Hemantha Withanage, (Executive Director, Centre for Environmental Justice, Colombo, SriLanka)
- Prof. (Dr.) Nicole Wheen (Professor, University of Ottago, New Zealand)
- Dr. Glen Barry (Scientist, Political Ecologist and Blogger –Eco International, New York), and
- Dr. Geeta Pathak Sangraula (Senior Advocate, Supreme Court of Nepal)
Call for Papers
The Organizing Committee is looking for Research Articles from Law Students, Academicians, Lawyers, social staff, Policy makers, and officers from numerous departments- Representatives from establishments and professionals; NGO, Social Activists, Social science researchers and college and analysis students.
- Local Community Participation in Forest and Wildlife Conservation.
- Wildlife Conservation vs. Tourism vs. Rights of Indigenous individuals.
- Role of Indigenous People/native Communities in Human- Wildlife Conflict.
- Indigenous individuals and prevention of wildlife crimes.
- Indigenous individuals and Traditional Knowledge in Forest and Wildlife Conservation.
- Indigenous individuals, conventional and spiritual beliefs in Forest and Wildlife Conservation and ecological safety.
- Right to livelihood vs. Wildlife Conservation.
- Historical views and Mass Movements for Wildlife Conservation by way of Indigenous People/Tribals.
- Modern Trends in Forest and Wildlife Conservation – emphasis on greatest practices.
- Tiger Reserves/apex predatorReserves and rights of Indigenous People/Tribals.
- Scheduled Tribes and different Traditional Dwellers (Recognition of Forest Rights Act) 2006 (Forest Rights Act) in India vs. Wildlife Conservation and comparable positions in different jurisdictions.
Note: These Themes are usually not exhaustive; Authors are open to work on any matter associated with above talked about theme.
Kindly ship the summary on or earlier than 10th March 2021by e-mail to: klainternationalseminar05[at]gmail.com.
Guidelines for Paper Submission
- Kindly confine your self to the areas identifiable with the title ofseminar.
- The papers could also be in
- Font: Times New Roman,
- Font Size: Heading-14, Text-12 in A4 format
- Single line spacing
- Not exceeding 2500 phrases together with Footnotes.
- Authors are inspired to make use of The Bluebook (20th ed.) quotation format for footnoting and it needs to be in Times New Roman Font 10 dimension. Further, talking footnotes are discouraged.
- An summary not exceeding 250 phrases shall be submitted for consideration. The summary shall include the Synopsis of the Paper, Subtitles, Reference supplies and conclusion indicating writer’s perspective. The summary have to be mailed to klainternationalseminar05[at]gmail.com on or earlier than 10th March 2021.
- It have to be accompanied by a canopy page, stating the next:
- Title of the paper; Sub-Theme; Name of Author(s); Name of Institute/Organization; Official Designation; E-mail Address; Postal Address; Contact Number
- The submission needs to be in phrase format.
- The papers shall be screened by a committee. The full papers (2500 phrases) accepted by the committee shall be accepted for presentation within the seminar. The intimation of choice will likely be made by way of e mail.
- The ultimate paper ought to include a canopy page which incorporates Name, Designation, Relevant Discipline and Year of Study, Address, e mail id and Contact quantity.
- Abstracts and papers needs to be written in English, and the working language of the seminar will likely be English and displays shall be performed in English.
- Submissions needs to be made by the writer who will attend the seminar.
- Co-authorship is allowable however restricted to at least one co-author solely.
- Only one paper per participant will likely be permitted. Multiple submissions will result in disqualification.
- No a part of the paper ought to have been revealed earlier nor ought to or not it’s under consideration for publication. Any type of plagiarism will end in instant disqualification.
- The organizers will take earnest effort to publish the perfect articles chosen from amongst these obtained, topic to their acceptance by reputed journals as per theircriteria. Publishing expenses if any demanded by the journal could also be paid by the writer.
- Submission of Abstracts: 10th March 2021
- Communication of Abstract Acceptance: 11thMarch, 2021.
- Submission of Full paper: 18th March, 2021
- Intimation of Full paper Acceptance: 18th of March, 2021
- Date of fee of Registration payment: 18th & 19th of March, 2021
- International seminar: 20th – 21st of March, 2021
There is a Registration payment of Rs.750/- per participant (Additional payment of Rs.250/- needs to be paid within the case of most one co-author).
The group meaning to take part should register on or earlier than 18th March 2021(18/03/2021) by:
All the Participants will likely be awarded with an E-certificate of presentation.
- Mrs. Kasthuri J. (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy): 7025690009
Faculty Co- Conveners
- Dr. Dakshina Saraswathy (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy): 9744169215
- Mr. Sunil Kumar (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy): 9744036660
- Mr. N Okay Sasidharan (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy): 8281606060
- Mrs. Arya Sunil Paul (Assistant Professor, Kerala Law Academy): 9495178906
- Nithin Rajeev: 8075278235
- Vishnu VS: 9544659324
- Renji T Roy: 8848174226
- Harikrishnan AJ: 8137828280
- Felix Cherian Alex: 9745173210
- Nikitha Suresh: 8921757354
- Lucy Sara George: 9061755066
For More particulars go to The Kerala Law Academy website.
Keep following our ‘Conferences and Seminars‘ for extra such studying possibilities!
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the knowledge we publish on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a few of the content material might include errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your individual checks too.