NLU Delhi is organizing a course on Environmental Law in collaboration with MHRD and is inviting enrollments for the same.
About the Course
Centre for Environmental Law, Policy and Research (CELPR) National Law University, Delhi is organising a MOOCs course on ‘Environmental Law’ in collaboration with MHRD
National Law University, Delhi is a National Law University in India, offering courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
The indelible impact of the environment on the lives of people is overwhelming. The current scenario is particularly compounded by multitudinal issues such as rampant air and water pollution, climate change, loss of biodiversity and the like that has contributed to immense problems of environment and health care as well as raised the inevitable question of survival of life itself on earth.
Apart from an overview of the vast subject matter, a substantive understanding of the gradual evolution of pertinent themes in the environment shall be imparted so that the student is not only conversant with the overall framework of environmental law but also becomes acquainted with fundamental concepts of basic themes.
The basic objective is to familiarize the concept and scope of environmental law and also of its particular dominant issues so as to become a valuable addition to learning and ignite academic/research interest, eventually.
- Learning about the significance of developments in international environmental law and the fundamental principles that have emerged.
- The exposition about the human right to environment and constitutional framework governing environment in select countries, including India.
- Comprehending the statutory and regulatory mechanisms pertaining to the environment in India. ·
- Understanding judicial response to environmental issues in India.
- Knowing about the importance of public participation through the Right to information, Public Interest Litigation and other remedies in preserving and protecting the environment.
- Studying the role of international/ national environmental institutions, NGOs, civil society and community involvement in promoting the cause of the environment.
- Understanding the emerging environmental issues such as ozone depletion, climate change, energy crisis, nuclear issues, waste accumulation, marine ecology etc. And the viability of posited solutions.
- Duration: 15 weeks
- Start Date: 9 January 2023
- End Date: 22 April 2023
- Enrollment Ends: 28 February 2023
- Category: Law
- Credit Points: 4
- Level: Undergraduate/Postgraduate
- Enrolment is free of cost.
- For certificates, a nominal fee is to be charged for the final proctored examination at designated centres.
The internal assessment has a 30 % weightage and Term-end proctored exam has a 70 % weightage in the final score.
In case of any queries, please contact email@example.com