Symbiosis Law School (SLS), Pune is conducting a Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition scheduled to be held from May seventh to May ninth, 2021.
About the Organizer
SIU was established under Section three of UGC Act, 1956, within the 12 months 2002. Symbiosis Law School, Pune is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
Symbiosis Law School, Pune, (SLS Pune) in 2020 has been ranked eighth by National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) Ministry of Human Resource Development India among the many Law Institutes all around the Country.
About the Competition
Symbiosis Law School, Pune is organizing the Sixth Edition of the Symbiosis Law School, Pune – International Criminal Trial Advocacy Competition, 2021 [SICTA] which is scheduled from May 7–9, 2021. The Competition shall be held on a digital platform.
Competition relies on the simulation of the Trial Chamber of the International Criminal Court and pertains to guidelines and construction as enshrined within the Rome Statute of the ICC. The theme for the sixth version of SICTA is “Prosecution relating to state and judicial apparatus as an accessory towards the commission of International Crime(s).”
The competitors shall be open to all college students actively enrolled in Bachelors (5 Year Course and three Year Course) and Masters Programme of Law. Exchange college students could take part on behalf of their host college.
The Competition shall have groups representing both of the three sides- Prosecution, Defence and the Victim(s) within the varied rounds of the Competition. The most variety of individuals per group shall be restricted to Three (Two Speakers and a Researcher). A group may additionally include solely Two Speakers.
The Competition shall be held on a digital platform.
Slots for the competitors shall be booked on the first-cum-first-serve foundation restricted to 24 Teams. Participation on this Competition is thru invitation solely. Any Law College / University / Institute that needs to take part could apply for an invitation by sending an e mail to email@example.com, expressing their interest in participation.
Structure of the Competition
There shall be three Preliminary rounds adopted by the Semi-Final Rounds and the Final Round.
The major elements of a spherical will embrace:
- Opening Statements by the Prosecutor, Victim’s Counsel, and Defence Counsel.
- Examination-In-Chief/Cross Examination by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
- Closing Statements by the Prosecutor, Counsel for the Victims and the Counsel for the Defence.
Fee Payment Details
- The registration charges is Rs. 5000/- per group (no more than three members.
- Payment of charges have to be completed by demand draft solely. Kindly discuss with the “Registration” part within the Rulebook for additional particulars.
- The final date for Provisional Registration: March 25, 2021 (Thursday)
- The final date for Final Registration: March 29, 2021 (Monday)
- Winning Team: Rs.60,000/-
- First Runners Up Team: Rs.30,000/-
- Second Runners Up Team: Rs.15,000/-
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 10,000/-
- Best Student Advocate Final: Rs. 6,000/-
- Second Best Student Advocate: Rs. 6,000/-
- Late Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- International Team: Rs. 12,000/-
- Late Ishwari Prasad Begaria Best Defence Advocate Award- Indian Team: Rs. 6000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 10,000/-
- Second Best Memorial: Rs. 6,000/-
- Shree P.V. Ramanayaa Memorial- Best Prosecutor Award: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Witness Award: Rs. 5000/-
- Second Best Witness Award: Rs. 3000/-
- Sisira Reddy (Convenor): +91- 9959764007
- Rabaica Bhushan Jaiswal (Co-Convenor): +91 – 9554911678
- Esh Gupta (Head, Registration Committee): +91-8591821260
- Shikha Mohini (Member, Registration Committee): +91 -9572099828
- Ashwin Singh (Member, Registration Committee): +91 -9893586960
Email ID: symbiosismoot[at]symlaw.ac.in
For the Concept Note, Rulebook and Compromis, click here.
For updates, comply with the Facebook Page given here.
Keep following our ‘Fests, MUNs, and Other Competitions‘ part for extra such studying possibilities.
Disclaimer: We strive to make sure that the knowledge we put up on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a few of the content material could comprise of errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your individual checks too.