CUET 2023 dates have been announced!
CUET 2023 is to be conducted between May 21- May 31, 2023.
Read the complete article to understand the CUET application process, syllabus, exam pattern, and more details.
CUET 2023 Important Highlights
About CUET 2023
Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is being introduced for admission into UG and PG programs in Central and Participating Universities under the Ministry of Education. CUET provides a common platform and equal opportunities to candidates across the nation.
Per the official notification, CUET 2023 will be conducted from May 21 to 31, 2023 for admission to undergraduate and integrated postgraduate courses in the 90 participating universities. The exam will be held online as a computer-based test.
CUET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in their +2 examination. The cut-off is 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should have taken up subjects in +2 pertaining to the course they opt for.
Note: Students applying for UG courses must have cleared their class 12 or appeared for their class 12 exams this year. However, eligibility is college-specific.
CUET 2023 Exam Pattern
The number of subjects and pattern of question papers for CUET- UG/PG 2023 will remain the same as in previous years. A candidate can take as many as 6 Domain subjects in addition to one/two languages and the General Test.
There will be four sections in the exam- Section 1A (Language Test), Section 1B (Optional Language Test), Section 2 (Domain-specific Test), and Section 3 (General Test). All the participating universities will accept the CUET 2023 score for admission to UG courses.
- Section I: Language to be tested through Reading Comprehension (based on different types of passages–Factual, Literary, and Narrative [Literary Aptitude & Vocabulary]
- Section II: There are 27 Domain subjects in CUET being offered under this Section. A candidate may choose a maximum of six (06) Domains as desired by the applicable University
- Section III: General Knowledge, Current Affairs, General Mental Ability, Numerical Ability, Quantitative Reasoning (Simple application of basic mathematical concepts arithmetic/algebra geometry/mensuration/stat taught till Grade 8), Logical and Analytical Reasoning
CUET 2023 Important Dates
Here are the important (tentative) dates for CUET 2023
|CUET 2023 Application Process||February 2023- March 2023|
|CUET 2023 Admit Card||May, 2023|
|CUET 2023 Exam||May 21, 2023- May 31, 2023|
|CUET 2023 Provisional Answer Key||June 2023|
|CUET 2023 Release||June 2023|
List of Universities for CUET 2023
You can find the list of all the participating universities here.
CUET 2023 registration and Application Form for CUET 2023
Step 1 – Visit the official website
Step 2 – Fill up the CUET registration 2023 by entering the details.
Step 3 – Candidates will receive the login credentials on their registered e-mail addresses and mobile numbers and can use these details to fill out the application form for CUET.
Note: Follow these steps to register and fill up the application form
CUET 2023 Syllabus
CUET (UG) – 2023 will be based on the Class XII syllabus and hence candidates of Class XII need not prepare for it separately. Students have a wide range of options-i.e. 27 subjects, 33 Languages, and General Test to choose from. They can select the Subject/Language/General Test of their choice, as per the requirements of the University where admission is sought. They can also choose any of the 13 languages specified therein as the medium of the test.
You can find the syllabus for Legal Studies for Class 12th here.
Important Points to Remember
- An applicant can apply for three (03) Test Papers by paying the application fee.
- An applicant can further apply for additional Test Papers by paying additional application fees as applicable.
- Care has to be taken to select only one Question paper in a slot.
- Application Forms can only be submitted through online mode on the website https://cuet.nta.nic.in/
- Application Forms submitted in any mode other than online mode will not be accepted.
- Each test is distinct and is not linked to the other. They are not sections of the same paper and so, applicants will not be able to move across the tests at their convenience.
- Once you start a test, you have to complete the duration of the test and only thereafter you will be able to move to the next test.
- Admissions will be handled at the level of each participating university. Please refer to their websites for the admission/counseling schedule once CUET 2023 results have been declared.