The Department of Law, University of Calcutta is organizing their Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Debate Competition, 2021, scheduled to be held from June 11th to 13th.
About the Organizer
The Department of Law, University of Calcutta is in current place since 1983. Following are the present educational college of the Faculty of Law/ Department of Law, University of Calcutta: Prior to 1983, the Department of Law was often known as the University College of Law which was established in January 1909.
It has six affiliated Law Colleges imparting 5 Years B. A. LL. B. Course.
About the Opportunity
The Debate Committee of the Department of Law, University of Calcutta, is organizing the 4th version of the Dr. Rajendra Prasad Memorial Parliamentary Debate (RPMD’21).
The debate is an open event, scheduled to be held through the mid-weekend of June, from the 11th to the 13th.
This 12 months, RPMD will probably be held on-line and goes to keep track of the British Parliamentary Debate (BPD) format.
- A various pool of skilled debate judges from circuits the world over has been invited to share their judgments, experience and suggestions with the contributors.
- In addition to the competitors weekend, the committee will even offer a pre-tournament workshop with Tim Sonnreich, who’s regarded by many because the ‘Father of Modern Debating’ owing to his internationally acclaimed and accepted guides which function stepping stones for all budding debaters, on prime of his arsenal of trophies at virtually each single world majors.
- The workshop will function a particular “access workshop” which might assist profit college students and communities who haven’t historically had entry to such worldwide teaching previously as well, amongst all.
- The event will even present for a clean experience for all debaters owing to Tasdid Tahsin, serving as Master of Tabs for the event, with the experience of getting tabbed at Malaysia ABP 2020 and Uhuru Worlds 2021.
- Format: British Parliamentary
- Medium: Discord+Google Meet
Students from any self-discipline are eligible for the competitors.
25th May, 11:59 pm IST.
- Register utilizing the link given on the finish of this put up.
- The organizing committee will start the fee procedures after the registration.
- Registration price for Indian contributors: Rs. 500 INR per debater/adjudicator.
- Registration price for Foreign contributors: 8$ (USD) per debater/adjudicator.
- The particulars for the fee shall be given to you after the allocation of slots!
- You will probably be allotted your slots on the time of registration however your slots shall solely be confirmed after you have made the fee on your staff’s registration.
- Last date of section 2 registration: 25th May, 11:59 pm IST
- Date of The Tim Sonnreich workshop: sixth June
- Date of the competitors: 11th to 13th of June
- n=n; for Cross groups and Institutional contingents with 1 staff slot
- n-1; for Institutional contingents with 2 or extra slots.
To qualify as a novice, a speaker:
- Must not have finished greater than three college tournaments (RPMD’21 should be their 4th college event at max)
- Must not have damaged at a regional main.
- Note: For a staff to compete under the novice class, each loudspeakers on the staff should qualify as novices.
- Adwait Mitra (Co-Convenor): +918478930416
- Aditya Aryan (Co-Convenor): +917761918994
For extra data, click here.
Disclaimer: We strive to make sure that the data we put up on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a number of the content material could comprise of errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your personal checks too.