Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is organizing a Faculty Development Program (FDP) on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” from December 19 to 24 2022.
Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory university established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12B).
About the Faculty Development Program
The language skills required by the legal profession are unique to it. Perhaps, practitioners of law as a profession require better productive and receptive language skills than others. The underlying philosophy behind designing a language and communication curriculum for law students comes from an understanding of the needs of law students.
As teachers engaged in the pedagogy of English, you need to ask yourselves whether the language syllabus designed for undergraduate law students, caters to the needs of students on the threshold of entering the professional world. Today’s competitive professional environment presumes that applicants for a job are employment ready.
That they have come to the profession, equipped with the necessary skills. Employers are generally unwilling to spend time and resources to train new recruits. As language teachers, providing law students with the language and communication skills for their profession is a constant challenge. The challenge is to design a curriculum that is pertinent to law students- a curriculum that trains students for a career in law. It also trains them to study law as an academic discipline.
In other words, English language skills are required both for academic as well as professional purposes. As teachers, the search for the right approach is a constant challenge. This FDP is an attempt in exploring various viable options that could be adopted by teachers to train law students both to study law and to practice law.
Professionals, Research Scholars, and Faculty members teaching English Communication at Law Universities/Institutes, Law faculty engaged in teaching Communication in Law Universities/Institutes.
Duration & Mode
The duration of the FDP is of 6 days. It will start on 19th December 2022 (Monday) and will finish on 24th December 2022 (Saturday). The mode of the FDP is offline and it will take place on the campus of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
How to Register?
- Interested candidates may register through the link provided at the end of this post.
- Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Kindly register at the earliest possible.
- Ph.D./Research Scholars (Without Accommodation) – Rs. 2500
- Ph.D./Research Scholars (With Accommodation) – Rs. 3000
- Professionals/Academicians (Without Accommodation) – Rs. 3500
- Professionals/Academicians (With Accommodation) – Rs. 4500
- Registration Fees exclude GST Charges.
- Registration Fees shall include a Kit and Certificate of Participation.
- Accommodation will be provided for all 6 days to the outstation participants.
- Food will be provided on all 6 days to all the participants and it includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, High Tea, and Dinner.
Click here to make the payment.
December 17, 2022.
For any clarification/query, please write at fdpenglish2022[at]gnlu.ac.in.