Lawctopus is conducting free and open for all college students on the subject of Rule of Law – Through the Lens of Cinema
About the Speaker:
This webinar can be delivered by Prashant Narang who’s Associate Director, Research on the Centre for Civil Society. His most important contributions on the Centre for Civil Society embody Ease of Doing Business reforms suggestions and the Street Vendor Compliance Index. He additionally secured a favourable judgment from the Supreme Court of India resulting in the implementation of the Street Vendor legislation in Rajasthan. Apart from the Right to Education Act and the Street Vendors Act, his present interest areas are the Rule of Law and the constitutional proper to hold on enterprise and commerce in India. He pursued his LL.M. from JGU and Ph.D. from JNU.
Description of the Topic:
No one, together with the federal government, is above the legislation. Vijay Dinanath Chauhan shouldn’t have killed Kancha. Thakur shouldn’t have employed Jai and Veeru to catch Gabbar.
- Wait, however why?
- Assuming the police had already introduced a bounty on Gabbar (Zinda ya Murda), catching or killing Gabbar was not as objectionable. Catching continues to be okay. But bounty for killing Gabbar?
- Before a trial? Is that professional?
- Then, why to have a trial for Kasab?
- Does Batman have a solution? He, in fact, didn’t kill the Joker within the “Dark Knight returns”.
Prashant can be trying to reply these questions by this webinar and can be protecting the next matters by taking applicable examples from cinema –
- What is the Rule of Law?
- The Rule of Law and Judicial Process
- Comparing Sholay with the Dark Knight returns
- The Rule of Law and Generality
- Gulabo Sitabo: Rent Control and Generality
Details of the Webinar:
- Date and Day: 19th September (Saturday)
- Timings: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
- Fee: The webinar is free and open for all.
Jatin Garg, COO at Lawctopus can be moderating the session.
Note: We is not going to be issuing any cert for this webinar. Please attend it in your progress and studying.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the legislation faculty you all the time wished, on-line! Check courses.lawctopus.com
Disclaimer: We strive to make sure that the data we publish on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, among the content material could comprise of errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your personal checks too.