The Central University of Karnataka is inviting you to join the “Human Rights Law Lecture Series” from 12th December 2022 to 17th December 2022 through online mode.
About Central University of Karnataka
The Central University of Karnataka (CUK) has been established by an Act of Parliament (No. 3 of 2009) at Kalaburagi, Karnataka.
About the Lecture Series
Human rights are essential for the overall development of individuals. The Constitution of India makes provisions for basic rights also known as Fundamental Rights for its citizens as well as for aliens. A distinction is made between Specific Fundamental Rights and Unspecified Fundamental Rights.
According to the Gita, he who has no ill will to any being is friendly and compassionate, is free from egoism and self-sense and is even-minded in pain and pleasure and patient is dear to God. It also says that divinity in humans is represented by the virtues of non-violence, truth, freedom from anger, renunciation, aversion to fault-finding, compassion to living beings, freedom from covetousness, gentleness, modesty and steadiness- the qualities that a good human being ought to have.
About the Speakers
- Prof. (Dr.) Anil G. Variath, Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai: Human Rights and Good Governance (5-6 PM, 12th December 2022)
- Prof. Rajesh Kumar, Central University of Haryana: Principles of Natural Justice; importance in Service matters (5-6 PM, 13th December 2022)
- Dr. M. K. Matolli, Faculty, Government Law College, Hassan: Law, Social Transformation and Protection of Human Rights (5-6 PM, 14th December 2022)
- Dr. Ch. Diwakar Babu, Principal, Smt. S.V.D. Siddhartha Law College, Vijayawada: Transformative Constitutionalism and Human Rights (5-6 PM, 15th December 2022)
- Mr. Vedansh Sharma, Faculty, Amity University Chhattisgarh: Human rights from a feminist perspective (5-6 PM, 16th December 2022)
- Prof. Dr. Dharmendra Kumar Mishra, Banaras Hindu University: Human Rights: Concept of West and East (5-6 PM, 17th December 2022)
How to Register?
Click on the link available at the end of this post to register for the Lecture Series.
For any queries contact Mr. K.M Krishna Sekhar Sarma, Student Coordinator- 22dplaw01[at]cuk.ac.in