There is pleasure within the air because the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) President, Mr. Olumide Akpata is ready to roll out his human rights agenda at at this time’s digital convention to mark the International Human Rights Day.
The Conference is organised by NBA Lagos Branch as a part of its standard annual “Human Rights Summit.” It holds at 10 o’clock.
Says Mr. Emeka Nwadioke, Consultant to the NBA Lagos Branch 2020 Human Rights Summit Organising Committee: “I can confirm that the NBA President has graciously accepted to be a part of today’s Human Rights Summit. His Special Address is eagerly awaited by all stakeholders in the human rights movement.”
In mild of the varied human rights points which have trailed the coronavirus pandemic, this yr’s summit has as its theme, “Human Rights in the Epicenter of Nigeria’s Post-COVID Recovery.”
It aligns with the United Nations theme for this yr’s commemoration titled, “Recover Better: Stand up for Human Rights,”
The summit may even function:
- Dr. Olisa Agbakoba, SAN OON (Former NBA President)
- Mr. Norrison Quakers, SAN (Jireh & Greys)
- Mr. Chino Obiagwu, SAN (Coordinator, LEDAP)
- Mrs. Latifat Salau (Zonal Director, Legal Aid Council of Nigeria)
- Mr. Martin Okey Ejidike (Senior Human Rights Advisor, United Nation)
- Mr. Yemi Akangbe (Chairman, NBA Lagos Branch)
- Mr. Okey Ilofulunwa (Vice Chairman/Chairman, Human Rights Committee, NBA Lagos)
- Olumide Babalola (Chairman, Organising Committee)
To register, click on https://bit.ly/NBALagos