Intelligence Bureau Recruitment 2023 opens the application window for Junior Intelligence Officer Grade-II at IB, MHA. The last date for application is June 23, 2023.
About Intelligence Bureau
The Intelligence Bureau is India’s internal security and counter-intelligence agency under the Ministry of Home Affairs. It was founded in 1887 as Central Special Branch and is reputed to be the oldest such organization in the world.
- Online applications are invited from Indian nationals for direct recruitment to the post of Junior Intelligence Officer Grade-II/Technical i.e. JIO-II/Tech in the Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India.
- Applicants are advised to go through all parameters under different paras and sub-paras and satisfy themselves about their suitability in terms of age limit, essential qualifications, etc. for the post of JIO-II/Tech before applying.
- Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria for the post may apply ONLINE through MHA’s website (www[dot]mha[dot]gov[dot]in) or the NCS portal (www[dot]ncs[dot]gov[dot]in) only.
Description of Post
|Classification||General Central Service, Group-‘C’ (Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial)|
|Pay scale||Level 4 (Rs.25,500-81,100) in the pay matrix (Plus admissible Central Government allowances).
(i) Special Security Allowance @ 20% basic pay in addition to other Government allowances.
(ii) Cash compensation in lieu of duty performed on holidays subject to a ceiling of 30 days.
Number of vacancies
- Unreserved: 325
- EWS: 79
- OBC: 215
- SC: 119
- ST: 59
- Diploma in Engineering in the fields of Electronics or Electronics & Telecommunication or Electronics & Communication or Electrical & Electronics or Information Technology or Computer Science or Computer Engineering or Computer Applications from a Government recognized University/Institute. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science with Electronics or Computer Science or Physics Mathematics from a Government recognized University/Institute. Or
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Applications from a Government recognized University/Institute.
Between 18-27 years.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST and by 3 years for OBC candidates.
- The upper age limit is relaxable for departmental candidates up to 40 years of age who have rendered 3 years of regular & continuous service.
- This relaxation is applicable only to Central Govt. Civilian employees holding civil posts & not applicable to personnel working in PSUs, Autonomous/Statutory bodies, etc.
- The age limit is relaxable up to the age of 35 years for UR candidates and up to 40 years for SC/ST in case of widows, divorced women and women judicially separated from their husbands and not remarried.
- The age limit is relaxable for ex-servicemen as well as for the children & dependents of victims of the riots of 2002 in Gujarat & Sikh riots of 1984 as per the Government’s instructions in this regard issued by the Central Government from time to time.
- The age limit is relaxable up to a maximum of 5 years to the meritorious sportspersons specified in Para 1 (a) of DoP&AR O.M. No. 14015/1/76-Estt.(D) dtd 4.8.1980.
- The candidate claiming age relaxation in this category must have the desired certificate in the form & from the authority prescribed in OM under reference (as per the Annexure at the end of the detailed advertisement).
Scheme of Examination
|Tier||Description of the Exam||Marks||Time duration|
|Tier I||Online exam of objective type MCQs (100 questions) based on General Mental Ability (25%) & Combination of subjects as per essential qualifications (75%). [Negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer]||100||2 hrs.|
|Tier II||Skill Test – it would be practical based and technical in nature commensurate with the job profile||30||–|
|Tier III||Interview/Personality Test||20||–|
Selection of Candidates
- The candidate has to appear in Tier-I at one of the centres allotted to him/her out of his/her choice of five cities. There will be a negative marking of ¼ mark for each wrong answer.
- No marks would be awarded for an un-attempted question. The questions marked as “Mark for Review” by the candidates will not be considered for evaluation.
- In order to achieve qualitative selection & recruit the best available talent, there would be cut-off marks (out of 100) in Tier-I exam as under: UR-35, OBC-34, SC/ST-33 & EWS-35 (all Ex-servicemen would be treated in their own category viz., UR/OBC/SC/ST/EWS)
- On the basis of their performance & normalization of marks in the Tier-I exam, candidates would be shortlisted for the Skill test and Personal Interviews at 5 times the number of vacancies, subject to the candidate scoring the minimum cut-off.
- However, the cut-off for the Tier-I exam in different categories may go higher depending on the marks obtained by candidates and the number of vacancies. Similarly, the criteria of 5 times the number of vacancies may also remain restricted due to said cut-off in Tier-I.
- On the basis of combined performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III exams, a final merit list of 797 candidates for the post of JIO-II/Tech will be prepared.
- The final selection to the posts would be further subject to successful completion of Character & Antecedent verification followed by medical examination, etc.
- The date, time & centre of Tier-II & Tier-III would be intimated to the successful candidates through the E-Mail given by them in the online application.
- Tier-II & Tier-III exams may or may not be conducted at all cities mentioned in Para 3 above. The department reserves the right to conduct Tier-II & Tier-III at a city/centre by clubbing the candidates of nearby cities/centres.
- The candidates would be required to adhere to the instructions contained in admit card/call letter of the Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III exams relating to entry/exit, conduct inside the venue, frisking, etc failing which their candidature would be cancelled.
- RESOLUTION OF TIE CASES: In the event of a tie in combined scores of candidates in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III for the post at the time of consideration for final selection such cases will be resolved by applying the following criteria, one after another, till the tie is resolved:
- Marks in Tier-I
- Marks in Tier-II
- Marks in Tier-III
- Date of birth, with older candidates placed higher.
- Alphabetical order of names (starting with the first name)
|Opening Date for On-line Registration of Application||03.06.2023|
|Closing Date of submission of Application with submission of Online Application Fee through Debit/Credit Card / Net Banking/ UPI etc.
(Payment of Application Fee through SBI EPAY LITE payment Gateway)
|23.06.2023 (23:59 Hrs)|
|Last Date of submission of Application Fee through SBI challan (offline branch submission only)||27.06.2023 (Banking Hours)|
Rs. 50/- (Rupees Fifty only) & Recruitment Processing Charges: Rs. 450/– to be paid as under:
|Category||Fee to be paid|
|All Candidates||Recruitment Processing Charges|
|Male candidates of UR, EWS and
|Examination Fee in addition to Recruitment Processing Charges|
- Ex-Servicemen who have already secured employment in the civil side under Central Govt. in Group ‘C’ post on a regular basis after availing benefits of reservation given to them are required to pay the examination fee, i.e. Rs. 50/- also along with recruitment processing charges of Rs. 450/-.
- Banking charges, if applicable, will be borne by the candidate.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply directly via this link.
E-Mail ID – helpdesk[dot]bharti[at]nic[dot]in
Click here to view the official notification for the post of Junior Intelligence Officer Grade II at the Intelligence Bureau, Ministry of Home Affairs.
Official Website click here.