Name of the Student
College and Year of Study
Galgotias School Of Law, Galgotias University, 3rd Year
Name and Address of the Organization
District Legal Services Authority, Gautam Budh Nagar, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India-
Duration of Internship
June 2, 2022, to July 2,2022
How did you Apply?
I applied for the internship by filling the offline Application form and attaching my CV and Cover letter and submitted to DLSA OFFICE. After few days, I got an interview call DLSA office. The interview lasted for about 15 minutes, wherein I was asked some basic question on topics of Constitution, IPC, Motor Vehicles Act, Legal aid.
The next day received call DLSA office regarding the confirmation of my internship under DLSA Secretary Greater Noida.
First Day Formalities, Infrastructure, First Impression
On the first day, after an introduction with everyone working at the office, I was asked summit the letter of recommendation for internship issued by my University. Then I was asked to sign in an official register.
Thereafter I was allotted to work Under DLSA Secretary sir. The chamber is equipped with all the facilities that are required to work efficiently work in a office.
The tasks that I performed during my internship period are the following:
- Studied Legal Services Authority Act, 1987 and mediation. That help me to understand the Legal Aid Services in India.
- Inspection of Juvenile Home and report understanding the J.J Act and their issues.
- Meeting with NGO’s and report making. Understood their functioning.
- Old Age Home Inspection and report making Understood Parents and Senior Citizens Act, 2007 and cases related to it.
- Mediation Understood D.V Act, 498A IPC,125 CrPC and cases related to it.
- Jail Inspection and report making. Understood the issues of inmates.
- Drafting of summon for Lok Adalat. Understood the functioning of Lok Adalat.
- Participated in an event on World Child Labour Prohibition Day and report making.
- Understood provisions related to Child Labour.
- Inspection of Nari Niketan and report making. To understand legal issues related to girls staying in observation home.
Everyone at the office of the DLSA was Humble. I could approach them at all time for any kind of help guidance. Secretary sir always solve the issue if it occur in my mind during my work. Secretary sir has a strict in terms of working environment and task allotted to me and deadline which he used to give to complete the task, which according to me is necessary also.
The best part of my internship was that every task allotted to me was reviewed by the secretary sir and given feedback on, which helped me in knowing my mistakes and the ways of improving.
Another thing I liked the most is that everyday sir interact with me asked about the problems and development of work. The day with sir was daily educational and motivational. Sir always praised me to become a P.C.S.J Officer.
The only problem that I faced during my internship was that to be in early and on time even sir was very strict to time and discipline. Nevertheless, it taught me how to manage and work in a busy schedule. In addition, the experience that I gained during my internship at D.L.S.A office and and working with secretary sir was worth sacrificing morning sleep.
Accommodation & Conveyance to Office
I stayed in a flat and commuted to chambers by public transport.
I doesn’t received any stipend but learned many work and legal procedure of the court. It was overall great learning experience for me.
Disclaimer: Internship Experiences are opinions shared by individual law students and tend to be personal and subjective in nature. The internship experiences shared on Lawctopus are NOT Lawctopus’ official views on the internship. We also do not edit internship experiences (except to ensure readability) to ensure that the intern’s voice remains intact.
Disclaimer: Organisations should not influence interns to write internship experiences on Lawctopus. Neither should they make writing an internship experience on Lawctopus mandatory for the intern to get a certificate. Indulging in such practices will lead to the organization getting blacklisted from Lawctopus. In case of any such instance, interns are requested to inform at [email protected]