Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is inviting applications for its offline internship program in Delhi.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation, with offices in Addis Ababa, Beijing, London, Nairobi and New Delhi.
CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of children in developing countries.
About the Opportunity
The main purpose of this opportunity is to provide high-quality administrative, due diligence and research support to the Legal team, that enables the efficient and effective delivery of its philanthropic programmes.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assisting with contract drafting and negotiations with CIFF’s grantee organisations in children’s development and climate change as well as related activities (monitoring and evaluation contracts, consultants).
- Preparing confidentiality agreements, amendment agreements, consultancy agreements and other ancillary documents in the context of grants and other services.
- Assisting with due diligence on CIFF’s proposed grantees.
- Assisting in the management process of proposed grants and other projects (e.g. pipeline reviews).
- Managing signing of documents and liaising with the project managers where necessary to finalise agreements.
- Carrying out legal research on a variety of matters relating to programme issues, legal and regulatory issues (including FCRA), programme governance issues, conflicts of interest, commercial contracts and consultancy contracts.
- Providing input to improve legal processes (e.g. contract management process).
- A qualification in Indian law.
- Strong research skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong drafting skills in English.
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Working experience with Microsoft Office.
- The following are desirable:
- Some previous experience in drafting basic contracts.
- Experience working with an NGO or not-for-profit organisation.
- A demonstrable interest in improving children’s lives and climate change.
A competitive stipend will be provided to the selected candidates.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply through the link provided at the end of the post
Please submit your application on or before June 9, 2023.