The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from accomplished professionals for the position of Chief Finance Officer.
The National Law School of India University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Bangalore, Karnataka. It was the first National Law University to be established in India as well as one of the first in the country to offer the five-year integrated undergraduate law degree.
About the Opportunity
The National Law School of India University (NLSIU) invites online applications from accomplished professionals for the position of Chief Finance Officer. The role will be responsible for the institution’s financial strategy. This is a full-time position, based out of the NLSIU campus in Bangalore involving field and desk work, and will report to the Registrar, NLSIU.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage the Institute’s accounting, auditing, budgeting, finance and other related activities.
- Formulate and implement financial policies; financial planning and budgeting and manage funds;
- Prepare monthly expenditure receipts and reports on data entering into the centralized accounting system;
- Produce and regularly update cash flow forecasts and ensure timely remittance requests to ensure sufficient funds are available with the University;
- Operate and maintain use of computerized accounting systems and spreadsheets to assist day to day accounting procedures and reporting requirements;
- Ensure compliance with legal, financial and procurement policies for donor funded projects;
- Conduct risk management in line with University’s risk management policies and procedures;
- Maintain records for fixed assets and update them on a quarterly basis;
- Assist with expenditure control, ensure adherence to University policies and procedures and advise team members on possible cost saving measures;
- Conduct audits and ensure statutory compliance as per applicable laws.
- Work with other department heads to monitor each department and make recommendations.
A minimum of 15 years of administrative experience in a supervisory position maintaining audited accounts, preparing budgets and ensuring compliance with administrative processes and legal
regulations, in a recognized University or other public or private entity with over 100 employees on the payroll and having a turnover of more than INR 25 crores.
As per Level 14 As per VII CPC
How to Apply?
Click on the link provided below to apply.
5:00 PM, 3rd October 2023
In case of any query, please contact:
- Phone: 080-23160537/23010000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org