Delhi State Legal Services Authority (DSLSA) is seeking to engage an eligible candidate for the role of Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant, on a contractual basis.
DSLSA or the Delhi State Legal Services Authority provide free and competent legal aid and services by advising on legal aspects and assigning lawyers to certain categories. It also runs helpline services to give quick and easy access to legal advice and services.
About the Opportunity
Online applications are invited from Law Graduates (who have passed out after March 2019) who fulfil the following essential academic Qualifications and other eligibility conditions, as of 31,.1,0.2022, for engagement as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant, in Delhi State Legal Services Authority purely.
- Candidate must be a law graduate having passed out after March 2019 from any Law School/College/University/ Institution and recognized by the Bar Council of India for enrolment as an Advocate, with at least 60% marks.
- Candidate must not be above 27 years of age as of the last date of receipt of applications.
- Candidates studying in the final year shall also be eligible to apply subject to furnishing proof of acquiring a Law degree at the time of interview/before taking up the assignment as Law Clerk-cum-Research Assistant.
- Candidate must have good knowledge of MS PowerPoint/Word/Excel.
- Candidate shall prepare at least 15 slides of PowerPoint Presentation and attach along with the Application form on any one of the following topics of research for achieving the objective of the “Provisions of Legal Services Authorities Act -1987 / Research Methodology/ Victimology/ Victim Compensation/ Rights of under Trial Prisoners/ Rights of Children/ Right of Persons of LGBT Community”.
How to Apply?
Candidates may apply only through online mode i.e. web link Even on the official website of Delhi State Legal Services Authority i.e. www.dslsa.org w. e. f. 05.11.2022 and application sent through any other mode like a hard copy of the application, e-mail etc. shall be rejected summarily.
Method of Selection
Selection shall be made on the basis of the Interview.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To make analytical study and research for future planning for better implementation relating to various schemes of NALSA and DSLSA.
- Support and assistance to the victims in matters pertaining to Delhi Victim Compensation Scheme in District Legal Services Authorities.
- Legal Assistance to victims of human trafficking and looking after their welfare and rehabilitation with coordination of various NGOs working in the field.
- Preparation of PowerPoint Presentations, flyers, pamphlets, newsletters & information material to be used in awareness & legal literacy programmes.
The stipend of Rs. 35,000/- per month initially for a period of 3 months.
November 30, 2022