Applications are invited for a number of authorized roles from eligible candidates, for the appointment of Law Officers within the High Court of Madras and its Bench at Madurai – 2021.
About the High Court of Madras
The Madras High Court is the second oldest High Court of India after the Calcutta High Court in Kolkata. It is situated in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. The court docket is among the three High Courts in India established within the three Presidency Towns of Madras, Bombay, and Calcutta by letters patent granted by Queen Victoria, bearing date 26 June 1862.
It workouts authentic jurisdiction over the town of Chennai and appellate jurisdiction over the complete state of Tamil Nadu and Union Territory of Puducherry, as well as a unprecedented authentic jurisdiction, civil and legal, under the letters patent and particular authentic jurisdiction for the problem of writs under the Constitution of India.
About the Opportunity
High Court of Madras and its Bench at Madurai want to rent legislation officers on a contractual foundation and shall be for such time period as could also be decided by the Government.
Number of Vacancies
- Additional Advocate General
- High Court of Madras: 7
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 2
- State Government Pleader
- Government Pleader
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 1
- Special Government Pleader
- High Court of Madras: 24
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 9
- Additional Government Pleader
- High Court of Madras: 38
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 17
- Government Advocate (Civil Side)
- High Court of Madras: 52
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 19
- Government Advocate (Criminal Side)
- High Court of Madras: 16
- Madurai Bench of High Court of Madras: 13
- Government Advocate (Taxes)
- Maximum Age restrict: Must not have accomplished years in respect of Additional Government Pleader 60 and Government Advocates (Civil/Criminal/Taxes). There is not any age restrict in respect of Additional Advocate General / State Government Pleader / Government Pleader and Special Government Pleader.
- Educational Qualifications: A level of Bachelor of Law from a University integrated by an Act of Central or State Legislature in India or different instructional establishments established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section-Three of UGC Act, 1956 or possess an equal qualification.
- The Applicant have to be
- (i) a Citizen of India;
- (ii) registered with a Bar Council under the Advocates Act, 1961
- As an advocate having follow of not lower than ten years, out of which a minimal of not lower than seven years within the High Court for Additional Advocate General, State Government Pleader, Government Pleader, Special Government Pleader.
- As an advocate having follow of not lower than seven years, out of which a minimal of not lower than 5 years within the High Court for Additional Government Pleader.
- An advocate having follow of not lower than 5 years, out of which a minimal of not lower than three years within the High Court for Government Advocate (Civil Side), Government Advocate (Criminal Side), Government Advocate (Taxes)
How to Apply?
- Address: The candidates shall ship or give their utility via Registered submit or in-person to the Secretary to Government, Public Department, Secretariat, Chennai – 600 009.
- The envelope ought to be superscribed as “Application for the post of Additional Advocate General/State Government Pleader/ Government Pleader/Special Government Pleader/ Additional Government Pleader / Government Advocate (Civil Side / Criminal Side / Taxes) (as applicable)”.
- The utility acquired after the due date/time will summarily be rejected.
- Documents: An in depth bio-data/ CV containing the academic trainings and certifications of the applicant (together with self attested copies of such certificates), particulars of earlier jobs held/work experience, notable/reported circumstances argued/dealt with, panels/ assignments beforehand/presently held.
- A letter from a senior of 25 years experience or from a acknowledged Bar or Advocates Association of the High Court to ascertain the minimal follow required for the submit utilized.
- Attestation by Authority: A self attested copy of the registration cert of the applicant with the involved Bar Council.
Please Note: The utility proforma has been annexed to the official notification, the link to which has been supplied on the finish of this submit.
July 29, 2021
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the knowledge we submit on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, among the content material could comprise of errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your personal checks too.