The National Law University, Delhi (NLU-D) is in search of to interact on a contractual foundation, 1 (One) Social Work Fellow for Nagpur for the Fair Trial Fellowship program supported by a grant from the Azim Premji Philanthropic Initiatives.
About the Organization
National Law University, Delhi (NLUD) is a legislation college in India, providing programs on the undergraduate and postgraduate ranges. NLUD is without doubt one of the nationwide legislation faculties in India constructed on the five-year legislation diploma mannequin proposed and carried out by the Bar Council of India.
About the Program
The Fair Trial Fellowship (“the Fellowship”) is a chance for younger legal professionals and social employees to work for offering high quality authorized illustration and help to undertrial prisoners. The Fellowship will prepare and mentor a bunch of younger professionals to work in collaboration with the State Legal Services Authority in the direction of guaranteeing honest trials for undertrial prisoners at each pre-trial and trial phases. The Fellowship is at present rolled out for work in Nagpur and Pune Central prisons.
Social Work Fellows in this system give attention to essential socio-legal fieldwork regarding instances of undertrial
prisoners and help the Legal Fellows in guaranteeing that the undertrial prisoner is offered high quality authorized
- Visiting the Prisons, interacting with undertrial prisoners, figuring out people who want authorized support from the DLSA, and supporting them in writing purposes to DLSA.
- Identifying undertrial prisoners entitled to bail/early launch and refer such instances to the DLSA and the Prison Authorities.
- Socio-legal casework interventions and handholding undertrial prisoners via the authorized proceedings at each pre-trial and trial phases.
- Home visits and dealing with households of undertrials in gathering info/paperwork pertinent to their case.
- Coordinating with different authorities if required for gathering pertinent paperwork like age proof, handle proof, medical certificates, and many others.
- Identifying particular wants of undertrials together with being pregnant, claims for juvenility, incapacity, terminal sicknesses, psychological well being points, and many others.
- Traveling as required to satisfy and talk with relations of undertrial prisoners and different individuals who could have oral and documentary info pertinent for mitigation of the prisoners, utilizing the instruments and methods for communication and acquiring info devised.
- Coordinating with Legal Fellows and offering pertinent socio-legal inputs in particular person instances.
- Case Documentation with particulars of interventions for instances dealt with.
- Organizing and conducting coaching workshops and conferences.
- Documentation and Reporting as per programmatic wants.
- Any different work that could be essential to additional the goals of the Fellowship Programme
- Postgraduate qualification in social work (M.A. in Social Work/MSW) or another serving to Professions/Social Science/Humanities topic or related areas from a Central/Deemed/State-Recognised University.
- Minimum of 1 12 months experience (full time) in intervention work on the grassroots stage is desired.
- Proficiency in studying, writing, and talking Marathi
- Ability to learn, write and communicate English
- Familiarity with using MS-Office, emails, and the internet
- Prior work experience inside establishments within the felony justice system is fascinating
Fellows will likely be paid a fellowship quantity of INR 30,000 monthly.
How to Apply?
- Interested individuals could ship their resumé and a press release of function, explaining their interest in engaged on this program.
- The assertion of function should not exceed 700 phrases.
- Intimation relating to dates and choice rounds will likely be given to the shortlisted candidates by e-mail.
- Email: Interested individuals should ship their resume and Statement of Purpose to
p39arecruitment[at]nludelhi.ac.in and the topic of the e-mail ought to be “Fair Trial Fellowship- Application
for Social Work Fellow”.
- Applications obtained after midnight of March 03, 2021 won’t be thought-about.
- The shortlisted candidates shall learn in regards to the subsequent spherical within the choice course of by way of e-mail.
- The interview could be held in an on-line or offline mode. There will likely be a number of rounds of interviews.
More Job opportunities that you simply could be fascinated with
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the data we put up on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a number of the content material could include errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your personal checks too.