The Journal of the Patent & Trademark Office Society has been publishing mental property scholarship for 100+ years (since 1918). Originally it was the Journal of the Patent Office Society, the journal modified its identify in 1985 to expressly embrace emblems. The US Patent & Trademark Office (previously the US Patent Office) had modified its identify in 1975.
The first subject included an two articles and several other notes:
- Wm. I. Wyman, Thomas Jefferson and the Patent System, 1 J. Pat. Off. Soc’y 5 (1918).
- F.W.H. Clay, The relation of the examiner to the inventor and his lawyer, 1 J.
Pat. Off. Soc’y 8 (1918).
Three of my favourite articles within the journal are all historic items by Edward Walterscheid.
- Edward C. Walterscheid, The Early Evolution of the United States Patent Law: Antecedents (Part 1), 76 J. Pat. & Trademark Off. Socy. 697 (1994).
- Edward C. Walterscheid, The Early Evolution of the United States Patent Law: Antecedents (Part 2), 76 J. Pat. & Trademark Off. Socy. 849 (1994).
- Edward C. Walterscheid, Patents and Manufacturing within the Early Republic, 80 J. Pat. & Trademark Off. Socy. 855 (1998).
Some of you might have recognized Edward, who died in 2011.
Here’s what I’m writing to announce: JPTOS was in a publishing hiatus over the previous 12 months, however is now again and able to settle for article submissions:
JPTOS is a publication written by and for the good thing about IP practitioners. We favor topical, sensible articles that may be helpful to our readers. There isn’t any page size restrict, nevertheless, articles higher than 40 double spaced pages could should be break up into separate articles.
We take article submissions pertaining to all areas of mental property, together with patents, emblems, copyrights, commerce secrets and techniques, hybrids between all these varieties, and so on., as well as cutting-edge legislation & know-how points which will intersect mental property matters resembling blockchain, cryptocurrencies, NFTs, synthetic intelligence, robotics, 3D-printing, privateness/surveillance legislation, social media, bioengineering, prescribed drugs, COVID vaccine patents or patent insurance policies, the pandemic’s impression on IP legal guidelines/observe and far more. If you’re a practitioner/lawyer, choose, legislation professor, legislation pupil, author or anybody having an interest within the above areas, please submit by clicking the “Submit Manuscript” button above at present!
Submit your articles right here: https://jptos.scholasticahq.com.