The ICJ or International Court of Justice is inviting purposes from Universities/people for its Judicial Fellowship Program 2021-2022.
Judicial Fellowship Program
The Programme was established in 1999 to allow latest regulation graduates to realize experience working on the ICJ. It goals to enhance members’ understanding of worldwide regulation and of the Court’s procedures by actively involving them within the work of the Court and permitting them to construct on their experience under the supervision of a decide.
The deadline for the submission of purposes is 14 February 2021. The Court is predicted to succeed in its last choice in April 2021. Nominating universities will likely be notified accordingly.
Join Lawctopus Law School, the regulation faculty you at all times wished, on-line! Check courses.lawctopus.com
While it’s attainable to appoint a single candidate, the Court encourages universities to suggest multiple. Universities are additionally strongly inspired to restrict nominations to candidates who’ve glorious ends in their regulation research and who’ve demonstrated an interest in worldwide regulation via their research, publications, or work experience. The Court doesn’t settle for purposes from people.
What’s on this Fellowship
Each participant is assigned to at least one decide for a interval of round ten months, from early September to June or July of the next yr.
During this era:
- Participants can anticipate to attend public hearings of the Court,
- Research and write memorandums on authorized questions or factual points of pending instances, and
- Have some involvement in different points of the Court’s work, the particulars of which can rely upon the Court’s docket and the working strategies of the decide to whom they’re assigned.
- Work may additionally concern aiding the decide with conferences, speeches, and different duties.
- Participants will work alongside an affiliate authorized officer, who’s the first authorized assistant of every decide and is employed by the United Nations for a interval of two to 4 years.
Who can Apply
- The Court accepts as much as 15 members a yr, usually with no multiple from every nominating college.
- The Court appears to be like specifically for candidates who’ve glorious ends in their regulation research and who’ve studied, printed, or labored in worldwide regulation.
- The candidates ought to be 31 years of age or youthful on the time this system begins. This requirement could also be waived in particular circumstances. In making its choice, the Court seeks candidates of numerous nationalities.
- The official languages of the Court are English and French, and members should have glorious studying, writing, and oral expertise in not less than one in every of these.
- Working data of the second official language is an asset.
- Each nominating college should conform to fund the stipend, medical insurance and journey prices of its candidate if chosen.
- Although the Court doesn’t stipulate the quantity of the stipend to be paid, it ought to be adequate to offer for a minimal customary of lodging and subsistence in The Hague and may be certain that the chosen candidate can profit totally from his or her experience on the Court with out the burden of economic hardship. The fellowship isn’t a self-funded internship, and candidates with out sufficient monetary help from their nominating college won’t be eligible.
- The Court will facilitate visas, if essential, and supply working amenities, nevertheless it can’t provide monetary help.
How to Apply
Universities that settle for the above circumstances and want to nominate candidates to take part in this system are invited to fill out the shape via the link given on the finish of this put up.
Kindly observe that solely universities that reply within the affirmative to all of those questions will likely be eligible to take part in this system and obtain additional utility directions.
Candidates will likely be requested to submit the next utility supplies via their universities:
- Letter from the college agreeing to sponsor the candidate;
- Application kind and abstract desk, stuffed in by the candidate;
- Two or three letters of reference;
- Official educational data of the candidate;
- One writing pattern of not more than 15 pages.
The Hague, Netherlands
Queries could also be directed to the Deputy-Registrar of the ICJ on the following tackle: judicialfellowsprogramme[at]icj-cij.org
Note: Interested graduates ought to reach out to their Universities to sponsor you for this nice alternative of the ICJ Judicial Fellowship Program.
Keep following our ‘Fellowships and Scholarships‘ part for extra such nationwide and worldwide possibilities.
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the data we put up on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a number of the content material could include errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your individual checks too.