Impact and Policy Research Institute is calling for applications for LPPYF Law and Public Policy Youth Fellowship which is an Online National Summer School Program.
IMPRI Impact and Policy Research Institute, New Delhi, a startup research think tank, is a platform for pro-active, independent, non-partisan and policy-based research. It contributes to debates and deliberations for action-based solutions to a host of practical and strategic issues. IMPRI is committed to democracy, mobilisation and community building.
About the Fellowship
LPPYF Law and Public Policy Youth Fellowship is an Online National Summer School Program. A Two-Month Online Immersive Legal Awareness & Action Research Certificate Training Course and Internship Program from June-August 2023, IMPRI #WebPolicyLearning.
IMPRI Impact and Policy Research Institute, New Delhi, continuing with its dynamism, is proud to offer its new program– LPPYF, Law and Public Policy Youth Fellowship, starting this summer for two months focusing on the social, legal, and policy issues.
The course aims to provide integrated knowledge by connecting social and legal perspectives. Over two months, fellows will get the opportunity to learn about various dimensions of laws and policies, get training for legal tools and their realistic applications to carry out action research fieldwork (for two weeks) project and prepare a report based on it while interacting with the numerous legal, thematic, and distinguished public policy experts.
The course will enable the participants to comprehend the nuances and technicalities of legal and public policy paradigms and acquire theoretical insights and technical skills to conduct research. LPPYF aims to instil the understanding and skills pertaining to law and public policy.
The thematic issues covered under this course are the paradigm of international provisions, constitutional laws, Sustainable Development Goals(SDGs), gender justice, environmental crisis and regulations, international human rights, and so on.
This online fellowship will have three-weekly sessions, including a legal, technical and special lecture session enabling participants to build capacity in different aspects.
Each fellow will be encouraged to perform action research on a thematic area of their choice and write a report on the same by the end of the course. The fellows will also be guided in publishing their blog/article at IMPRI Insights and other renowned journals.
Who is it for?
Early Career Professionals, Young Research Scholars, and Postgraduate and Undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
Benefits of Taking the Fellowship
- Learn from globally and nationally renowned thematic experts and practitioners.
- Gain from first-hand training on legal applications, public policy insights, and networking opportunities.
- Get course outline and reading list from the experts.
- Get access to session videos for 15 days.
- A Certificate of Completion of the Fellowship on successfully completing the program will be sent to your postal address.
- Additionally, Internship Certificates will also be provided.
- Opportunity to publish your essay on the IMPRI Insights Blog, which features articles of eminent people from around the globe.
- Upon successful completion of the program, each participant will be awarded a Certificate of Completion.
LPPYF will comprise of 50+ sessions.
There will be three weekly sessions, including a hands-on legal training session, public policy capacity development by legal practitioners, technical lecture sessions conducted by subject matter experts, and special lecture sessions by distinguished experts of that particular thematic area. Reading and study resource material will be provided by the experts as the course will progress.
The fellows will be encouraged to build a case study on a thematic area of their choice, including legal and public policy arenas. They will be expected to conduct fieldwork in their respective cities, towns, or villages where they will be based at that time and required to submit the report of the same by the end of the two weeks of action research and fieldwork. Research Faculties will teach qualitative research methodology, mentor the fellows throughout their fieldwork, and help them with the analysis and report writing.
In addition, selected fellows will be assisted in getting their reports published on IMPRI Insights and other renowned newspapers, magazines, and journals. Each submitted report will be evaluated for quality and examined for plagiarism; therefore, fellows are required to produce the original report. The fieldwork at the end of the fellowship will be a compulsory parameter of evaluation.
Details of the #WebPolicyLearning
- Dates: 12 June – 11 August 2023
- Platform: Online Zoom & Action Research Field Work
- Course Fee: INR 15,000 (inclusive of GST)
Limited Seats are available for scholarships.*
*Applicants need to meet a particular set of specified criteria.
Chair: Prof Vibhuti Patel, Visiting Distinguished Professor, IMPRI
Fellowship Lead Advisor: Adv Dr Shalu Nigam, Visiting Senior Fellow IMPRI; Advocate, Author, and Researcher, Gender and Human Rights
- Shri Bhartendra Singh Baswan, Former Secretary, Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
- Dr Nivedita P. Haran, Former Additional Chief Secretary, Government of Kerala
- Prof Aruna Roy, President, National Federation of Indian Women (NFIW); Founder, Mazdoor Kisan Shakti Sangathan (MKSS).
- Adv Dr Vahida Nainar, Independent Researcher, Gender & Human Rights Consultant
- Adv Dr Albertina Almeida, Lawyer and Human Rights Activist, Goa
- Adv Audrey D’Mello, Director, Majlis Legal Centre, Mumbai
- Shri Rajiv Ranjan Singh, Retired I.P.S. Officer, President Medal Awardee, Former D.I.G. Kolhan, Chaibasha, Jharkhand
- Justice Ajit K Singh, Additional District and Sessions Judge, Hilsa, Bihar & Secretary, Bihar Judicial Services Association
- Adv Mrunalini Deshmukh, Renowned Lawyer and Author, Mumbai
- Dr Rashmi Singh, IAS, Commissioner, State Taxes, Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir.
- Adv Lara Jesani, Independent Legal Practice Professional
- Mr Debadityo Sinha, Lead, Climate and Ecosystems, Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy, New Delhi
- Mr Himanshu Shekhar, Senior Editor (Political and Current Affairs), New Delhi Television Limited (NDTV India); Visiting Senior Fellow, IMPRI.
- Dr Amar Jesani, Independent Researcher and Teacher (Bioethics and Public Health); Editor, Indian Journal of Medical Ethics
- Dr Soumyadip Chattopadhyay, Associate Professor, Economics, Visva-Bharati, Santiniketan; Visiting Senior Fellow, IMPRI.
- Mr Bilal Khan, President, Kamgar Sanrakshan Samman Sangh, Mumbai.
- Dr Purnima Chauhan, IAS (Retd.), Secretary (Retd.), Government of Himachal Pradesh
- Adv Abdul Hafiz Gandhi, National Spokesperson, Samajwadi Party
- Dr Ajay Gudavarthy, Associate Professor, Centre for Political Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
- Flavia Agnes, Women’s Rights Lawyer; Co-founder, Majlis Legal Centre, Mumbai.
- Dr. Vina Vaswani, Director, Yenepoya (Deemed tobe) University, Mangalore.
……. and many more!
The fellowship will convene for two months (nine weeks) from June 12 (orientation) – August 11 (valedictory), 2023.
Typically, there will be three classes in a week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 11:30 A.M. – 1:00 P.M. over Zoom. Some of the sessions might take place on Saturday due to the busy schedule of professionals.
The legal hands-on sessions will be conducted along with legal and technical sessions. The last four weeks of the program will focus on action research field work and report writing.
Time: 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. IST
For queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to know more and apply.
Note: This is a sponsored post.