* Oh look! The majority of the Supreme Court is once again shifting their interpretation of the law in order to support right-wing political objectives! In a 5-4 decision the Court held Title 42 must be kept in effect during the appeal of a lower court’s decision to end the use of the public health law to quickly expel migrants that arrived to the United States amid the COVID-19 crisis. Justice Neil Gorsuch joined the dissent writing, “And it is hardly obvious why we should rush in to review a ruling on a motion to intervene in a case concerning emergency decrees that have outlived their shelf life.” [Law360]
* More law schools are kicking USNWR rankings to the curb. We’re now at 10 percent of law schools that say they will not participate in the ranking process. [Law.com]
* Kari Lake, the Republican that ran — and lost — for the Arizona governorship, may have avoided sanctions for using the courts to avoid accepting the election results, but that doesn’t mean she won’t be paying money. A Maricopa County Superior Court found Lake was responsible for the ~$33,000 in expert witness fees AZ Governor-Elect Katie Hobbs incurred. [Huffington Post]
* There may not be a ton Congress can do about Republican George Santos’s lies that won him his seat, but there are some suspicious campaign campaign finance disclosures… [Slate]
* 2022 was the year that Constitutional Law dramatically shifted (to the right). [ABA Journal]
The post Morning Docket: 12.28.2022 appeared first on Above the Law.