Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) is inviting functions for a Research and Advocacy internship alternative.
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha is a human rights group dedicated to the strengthening of the state and judicial mechanisms for the good thing about peculiar residents. Since our inception in 1997, our major work revolves round making certain civil and political liberties by addressing torture, extrajudicial executions, issues within the legal justice system, sexual violence towards girls, and assaults on Human Rights Defenders. Since civil and political liberties are intricately tied to financial, social, and cultural rights, we additionally deal with points such because the socio-economic marginalization of the erstwhile enclave dwellers, restrictions on the livelihood and socio-economic deprivation of residents residing close to the Indo-Bangladesh border, and erosion-affected areas, compelled eviction, and so forth.
Banglar Manabadhikar Suraksha Mancha (MASUM) seeks to rent a Research and Advocacy intern to assist with its human rights initiatives towards torture, extrajudicial killings, and atrocities dedicated towards the populace at India – Bangladesh border and for securing the rights of the erstwhile enclave dwellers of India and Bangladesh, together with girls rights.
Duration of Internship
Full-time (10 AM to six PM), 4-Eight weeks
Serampore, Hooghly, West Bengal
- Drafting reality findings obtained from the sphere into coherent complaints
- Conducting reality findings on the incidents of human rights violations by way of endeavor area visits
- Writing experiences and aiding on a analysis venture on torture on the Indo-Bangladesh border
- Drafting complaints and replies to be despatched to varied state authorities and the National and State Human Rights Commissions.
- Assisting with writing and updating content material for MASUM’s web site
- Pursuing research within the area of regulation, political science, social work, or different related disciplines.
- Working information of English and Bengali (most well-liked)
- Knowledge of working with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and many others.
- Minimum full-time dedication of Four weeks
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities
- Basic information of the Constitution of India and International human rights mechanisms
- Willing to undertake work-related journey particularly to varied elements of West Bengal
- Ability to work with the victims of torture, extrajudicial killings, and different grave violations of human rights
MASUM is inclined to offer lodging for candidates who’re prone to face difficulties in the middle of journey.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates might apply by sending their CV and a canopy letter highlighting their experience, pursuits, and motivation to work with human rights. Applications must be despatched to masumindia[at]gmail.com with the topic line “Application for Internship-Research and Advocacy” newest by 25 March 2021.
More Internships and Small Projects that you simply is perhaps curious about
Disclaimer: We attempt to make sure that the knowledge we put up on Lawctopus is correct. However, regardless of our greatest efforts, a few of the content material might include errors. You can belief us, however please conduct your individual checks too.